Monday, December 8, 2014

Flash Cards featuring Gift Tags 2


Hi, it's Emily here! I used the Gift Tags 2 dies to create a set of flash cards for my son who spent the first two weeks of grade one studying math basics. My mom used to have me recite the multiplication tables (yes, all 12) before bed every night. Once memorized, math becomes super easy, and that is the point of these flash cards. By making math fun and cute, kids will definitely want to use these for learning.


They also studied different ways to make ten, i.e. 1+9=10, 2+8=10, 3+7=10, 4+6=10, 5+5=10. I'll be adding those to the next stack of flash cards.



As explained in the video, the cover cards are double-layered so that all the character and star dies are inlaid. Each set of flash cards can be combined with the cover cards and used to section off different sets or they can be used separately with their own book rings.


I used the following stamp sets and dies to create these cover cards: (red) Smarty PantsSmarty Pants IconsStarsUplifters; (orange) Great ChemistryGreat Chemistry IconsStarsUplifters; and (yellow) SuperSuper 1StarsSmarty Pants. All of the stamp sets that were used for the flash cards themselves are listed on my blog.


For the past six weeks, my son's class has been doing Spell Well tests so these flash cards could be used to practice spelling words as well. At some point in the future, these could be also used as gift tags or embellishments on a greeting card. Awesome, right? ;)


Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

These are incredible! Such a fantastic idea! Love Love Love them!

canadian_liner said...

AWESOME, Emily! Your son is so lucky. I used to have my boys do the "Mad Minute" worksheets (do as many +,-,x,÷ problems as you can in one minute) but they weren't anywhere near as fun as these flash cards... So appealing.