Monday, December 15, 2014

Birthday Shaker Card with the Paper Smooches/Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Stamp Set


My neighbour's youngest turned one this weekend so I decided to ink up the Paper Smooches Stamptember Exclusive, only available at Simon Says Stamp. This set has the most adorable dog and turtle! I'm sure you've seen the turtle used a few times so I decided to feature the cute little dog on rubble, created with the festive dots.



All of the patterned paper is from Crate Paper's Notes & Things 6x6 paper pad. I stamped the dog four times on two different sheets and pieced him together.


The shaker balloon is from the Big Balloons dies and the small, striped one is from the original Balloons dies. The two sentiments featured in the Stamptember Exclusive were too big for my design so I used the 'celebrate' word from Hullabaloo.


I love that this stamp set could be used for so many celebratory occasions, including birthdays, anniversaries, New Year's and even a new pet.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Wonderful card, as always! Lovely design and great choice of patterned papers!

Kathy H said...

I love this dog Emily! He's adorable and thanks for mentioning that people should not tie things to a dog's tail even if it is so cute on your card!

Crystal said...

Wonderful card, once again highlighting your eminence talent. I'm glad you showed your boo-boo of not stamping the sentiment at the right time during the card making process. You're human! You make mistakes like the rest of us! Your friends new dog it's so adorable, May they enjoy every day they have with him. Crystal, owned by 6 dogs & 1 cat

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Well I got my shaker card made, but decided to view this video to see if there was anything new I might learn...and there was. But I too had already placed my plastic on my shaker card and before I stamped the sentiment on my plastic I decided to test for which color I wanted to use. Luckily I stamped on a practice piece first, but my plastic wrippled when I applied the heat...what is the plastic you used.