Thursday, July 25, 2013

Etching Glass with Paper Smooches dies and Savannah O'Gwynn

Hello, friends:}

Savannah O'Gwynn here, and today I'm sharing an idea that I've been thinking about for SEVERAL months!!!! Ever since Paper Smooches introduced their dies, I've wanted to try etching glass/jars/etc. with a die cut vinyl mask. This is a perfect project for Paper Smooches dies!!! 

Here's the video:


Here's a couple of pictures of my etched jars, cups, and bowls:
Create a vinyl mask using Paper Smooches dies
Paper Smooches dies: Hope (available August 1)

I hope that that you will try etching some glass pieces using your Paper Smooches dies!!! Please link up your creations HERE-- I'd love to check it out:) 

**And don't forget if you leave a comment, please add your blog address and email so I can visit you too:) love hearing from the VS followers when you've created something based off of one of our videos:) So keep leaving comments and links- you could be our next VS FF!!! 

(Sound LOUD trumpet music)

We have ANOTHER Virtual Smooches Featured Fan!!! I'm shocked at how much my "cross-stamp-stich" technique has been used and loved! THANK YOU!!! This week our VS FF is Juilien Jiang! She used the "cross-stamp-stitch" technique for this amazing card. HERE is the video that inspired her creation. She was also inspired by the Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts challenge-- double LOVE! 
Congrats Juilien!! Please email me at {sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com} to receive your VS FF badge!!! 

****NEW: I've created a link up for your creations that have been inspired by our videos. Please link up HERE!!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

8 comments:

cm said...

Brilliant idea and absolutely stunning projects! Your creativity appears boundless!! Who, except for you, would ever, ever and ever consider using dies for etching glass! Fabulous! Excellent video, outstanding instructions...a 'must do' added to my list!! LOVE x 1,000!!!
c

Jessica said...

LOVE your ideas!!!! You are so full of creativity and awesome ideas!!!! Thanks so much for your inspiration and sharing such fabulous projects each week!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS Savannah!!! You have the BEST ideas, thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us. I LOVE the soup bowl, it would make anyone feel so much better!!!

Samantha Mann said...

seriously! this is a gorgeous technique!!! wow!! you really do have the BEST and most unique ideas! i don't know how you do it, but i LOVE watching these videos! i get so inspired and want to get crafty right away!! your glass containers are beautiful with the etching! and i wanted to tell you how much i appreciate all of the trial and error that goes into the videos BEFORE you make them! (like when you test them out before hand! the tip of waiting for 30 minutes or so, is just fantastic!) thank you again!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are AMAZING! I love love love love love them!!

Larissa Heskett said...

AMAZING!! LOVED your video and your FUN Ideas!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Cathy P in AZ said...

I just love this idea - it shows yet another fun way to use PS dies for something wonderful and crafty! I have done glass etching and it really is trial and error to get the right results. Thank you for all of your hard work to share something so fun! I LOVE all of your projects - it makes me start thinking of Christmas gifts! :)

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB idea & spectacular results !!!