Thursday, July 18, 2013

Creating "Friends" Part 3 with Savannah O'Gwynn

Hello, friends:}

**NOTE: I apologize in advance for the lighting issues in this video-- I believe it was caused by the metal box! So SORRRRRRRY :(

Savannah O'Gwynn here, and today I'm sharing ANOTHER way to create "friends" using magnetic sheets and LOTS of 
Paper Smooches stamps and dies! I give a couple of tips for die cutting magnetic sheets. I also made a magnetic alphabet-- be sure to check out the video!!!

Here's the video:


Here's a couple of pictures of these little friends:
Create friends using magnetic sheets.

I hope that that you will create some magnetic "friends" and alphabet sets using your Paper Smooches stamps and dies! Please link up your creation HERE-- I'd love to check it out:) 

**And don't forget if you leave a comment, please add your blog address and email so I can visit you too:) love hearing from the VS followers when you've created something based off of one of our videos:) So keep leaving comments and links- you could be our next VS FF!!! 

(Sound more trumpet music)

I absolutely love sharing our  Virtual Smooches Featured Fan!!! I love checking out what you create after being inspired by our videos/tips/techniques!!! This week our VS FF is Heather Hoffman! She used the "cross-stamp-stitch" technique for this fabulous card. HERE is the video that inspired her creation.

Congrats Heather!! Please email me at {sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com} to receive your VS FF badge!!! 

****NEW: I've created a link up for your creations that have been inspired by our videos. Please link up HERE!!!! 


THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is PURE genius!!!!! I love love love love it!!! I just wish I would have seen it sooner so I could have made one for Brookie before we leave on our road trip! LOL!! And CONGRATS to Heather!!!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable. Such an awesome idea. I can't wait to try this out. I have 2 young children who love to make words and play while we are driving around in the car. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

This video is just in time. I was thinking of a craft project using magnets. I'm just concern if the magnet sheet will ruin the dies if I run them to the die cutting machine?

cm said...

Brilliant; totally brilliant! Love these little magnetic friends! They'd be perfect, perfect and perfect for my niece and nephew, whether on a metal box, or for the fridge. I'll echo Julie and Shelly: genius and adorable!! I just made a PS order (arrived here in Bend today...woo hoooooo!!), and after this, I'm off to add more to my wish list, soon to be 'next' shopping list! You rock!! Oh yes: love the video; your explanations are sooooo delightful! Congrats to Heather as a VS FF. Still have the cross-stitch on my 'do' list! Hope you have an excellent Thursday!
c

canadian_liner said...

Oh Savannah, You must be a favorite auntie! These are SOOO cute, and will be so loved by your niece and nephew. I used to keep a box of "only for road trips" travel toys for my kids when they were young. The magnetic friends would have been great for that. Love 'em!

Jan in Tucson said...

Savannah, is there any reason why you couldn't attach the paper to the magnetic sheet before you die cut the shapes? Then you wouldn't have to be so careful in lining up the edges of the magnets and the paper

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Hey, Jan!

Great idea to just attach the paper to the magnet first. I have to say that there are a couple of reasons why I didn't:

1. It was really thick in the die cutting machine (I actually had to go buy a brand new Cuttlebug during this project!)

2. There is a lot of waste with paper and magnets if you attach them together first. If you use the same paper for your entire project-- that might be a good idea. But since I was die cutting different sheets of paper/etc., it was best that I left them separate.

I hope that you will try this technique and let me know if your idea works:) THANKS so much for checking out this video and leaving a comment! HUGS and BLESSINGS <3 Sav

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Hey, Ria:)

Thanks for your sweet comment! You have NO WORRIES when cutting magnetic sheets with your dies. I have cut several sheets with my PS dies and all cut right through paper/vellum/etc. LOVE it:) If you are worried, feel free to wipe your die afterwards. I've also heard that running wax paper in with your die helps if it's dull-- but I've not tried this.

The only thing that the magnet might leave a mark on is on your clear B plate. But I don't mind that.

Hope this helps! THANKS again for your sweet comment! Have a great day! Blessings <3 Sav

Pam said...

Love the idea for the magnetic friends!! Thanks for the great idea!

Samantha Mann said...

i think this idea is GENIUS!!!!! WOW!! i am literally blown away!! my two little menn would LOVE to have an alphabet set or critter set to play with! i'm definitely going to try this out! so so so so amazing!! that shopping bag idea...MIND BLOWN! it's so cute, and functional and just awesome!! thank you so much!
and congrats to the featured fan! LOOOOOOVE that anchor card!!!