Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Shaker Cards: 3 Types

Hi, it's Emily Leiphart here and I'm sharing how to make three different types of shaker cards. My family loves shaker cards and I hope I'll inspire you to make a few of your own!



My husband's and son's shaker cards appear in this video and I also share a tip on how to die cut your image with a solid-backed die after it's been stamped and coloured!


This first card uses the the Duo Die 2Zoo Crew and Tick Tock. The shaker is a simple frame and the sequins move across a stamped centre.


This second card is for my cousin's son's fourth birthday. I used patterned paper from Crate Paper's Styleboard 6x6 paper pad to create the scene and paper piece the animals. I used Borders 1 DiesZoo Crew and Zoo 2 Dies.


The number four is from the Digits Dies and it's the centre of the microbeads shaker element on this card. The sentiment is from the Digits stamp set.


This last card would be fun to give to a boy on any day to provide a lift or smile. I used the Bam Bubble Die to house the Stars Dies which provide the shaker element on this card. 


The superhero from the Super stamp set and Super 2 Dies complements the patterned paper from Crate Paper's Boys Rule 6x6 paper pad.


A full list of supplies can be found on my blog HERE.

Thanks so much for watching!

4 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

I LOVE that your family LOVES to craft Emily - that is such a precious shared joy!!!

FABULOUS cards - THANK YOU for sharing your tutorial, I feel totally inspired and need to try making some shakers, NOW :)

Hamutal Shafrir said...

This is amazing Emily! Your shaker cards are so creative and awesome! Your husband and son's cards are beautiful and I love that faux shaker bookmark as well. Thank you so much for this great tutorial, you are so talented and kind!

Shannon J said...

Can I just say how cool it is that the whole family gets involved in making cards!! And those shakers are so much fun...I still have not made a shaker of my own! I'm obvi way off trend!! Ha ha! But fab tutorial like this = no excuse!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! How AWESOME!! So SPECIAL that your husband gets involved too!! I LOVE it!! =) LOVING ALL of your AMAZING Shaker CARD tutorials!! How FUN!! THANKS FOR sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)