Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Gifts and Crafts for Kids

It's Emily Leiphart here and today I'm sharing the Valentine's Day gifts I made for my son to hand out to his classmates. I used the gorgeous new Tag Stitched Die that the kids can reuse as a bookmark or hang on their backpacks. The hamster from Party Posse is stamped on coordinating Posse Icons Dies.


The sweet sentiment on the tag is from Love Struck. The instructions on the gift bag were customized with the awesome new Mini Monograms stamp set which is the February 2014 TAM set. This means it's yours FREE with a qualifying purchase of $60 or more in the Paper Smooches Online Store!


For the crafty part of the gift, I used the superhero from Super on its coordinating Super 1 Dies and a sentiment from Cuteasaurus.


See how it all came together here:



Thanks so much for watching!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, just wow. Such a creative idea, then so perfectly done! And now I really need the alphabet set -- I love that it has multiples of letters, that's always a drawback to other sets!

Isha Gupta said...

Love this sweet and adorable gift idea Emily. Thanks for the tip on the alphabet polymer cutting too. I can't wait to try it once I get my set! TFS

Shannon J said...

These are SO sweet! Wish I was a kid in Damian's class ;) I LOVE that little hammy too, especially holding the heart. LOVE the idea of the kids creating their own card too - something so unique, unexpected and fun!

Jocelyn Olson said...

These are adorable!!! I love the idea of sending a make-your-own card home with the kids. It will be a fun project for them. The hamster is too cute with the little heart. Love it!!

Glenda J said...

These are so freakin' cute! Perfect tags, great design and awesome colours. Great work!

canadian_liner said...

Awesome idea, Emily. Love that your son had input, for nurturing the next generation of paper-crafters! Both the tag and DIY card are super cute!

Chris Dring said...

Your genius never ceases to amaze me, Emily! These gift bags are amazing and so dang cute! Love that your son had his hand in the making of them! TFS!

cm said...

Oh my goodness, Emily, this is brilliant, adorable and all around awesome! I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea for my niece's birthday party loot bags. No Superhero, but plenty of other choices in my collection. Your son appreciating crafting: LOVE that! Thanks for the incredible inspiration!
c

Kathy said...

This is one of the cutest ideas ever for a class Valentine! Thanks for sharing.

Larissa Heskett said...

What an AWESOME Valentine's Day Gift Idea!! I LOVE how Sweet they turned out and I know the Kids probably ENJOYED them!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I'm LUCKY like you!! My son still likes sweet things at (7) and I agree, I'm going to treasure that for as LONG as he's willing to be SWEET instead of just TOUGH and ALL BOY!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)