Thursday, June 6, 2013

Regular/Reverse Dry Embossing with Savannah O'Gwynn

Hello, friends:}

Savannah O'Gwynn here, and in today I share two different ways to dry emboss using a chipboard piece created from a Paper Smooches die. These techniques are called Regular Dry Embossing and Reverse Dry Embossing. This is a great technique to use with literally ANY 
PS die!! 

**Pay no attention to my voice at the beginning of the video-- OY! I was really excited:) LOL! 

Here's the video:
Here's a couple of pictures of my dry embossing creations:
Create a regular dry embossed image using a chipboard piece placed on the back of your cardstock.
This card set was created for my husband who works at Walgreen's-- check out the video for my explanation:) 

Create a reverse dry embossed image using a chipboard piece placed on the front of your cardstock.
Paper Smooches stamps: Chart ToppersPaper Smooches dies: Ampersands

I really hope that you will try creating some chipboard die cuts using your Paper Smooches dies-- and I also hope you will try either regular dry embossing or reverse dry embossing on your next creation!!!  Please leave a comment below with a link to your project! I'd love to check it out:) 

**And don't forget if you leave a comment, please add your blog address and email so I can visit you too:) love hearing from the VS followers when you've created something based off of one of our videos:) So keep leaving comments and links!!! 

I hope that you will send me pics of you watching our VS videos, as well as links to your creations using some of our techniques!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE this idea Savannah and your cards are all delightful!! Thanks for the tip about the acetate buffer too ;)

Samantha Mann said...

another amazing video! your 'to the special couple' card - AH-mazing!! i'm in LOVE!! the colors, the flow! wow!! and top it all off with you super creative and inspiring techniques...HELLO!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love these!!! LOVING the colors and the "&" symbols!!!

Alice said...

love the subtle texture the embossing created! super card and video, Savannah! thanks for sharing!

Shannon J said...

Just how do you keep coming up with these amazing ideas, Savannah!! Fabulous video - thanks so much for sharing all of your talent and unique techniques with us!

Steph said...

Gorgeous work! Thank you for sharing. Just curious, what stamp did you use for the flower background on the "special couple" card?

Ravengirl said...

Nice work! I just love how you incorporate easy to do and real things that most crafters have into your tutorials!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Another great technique! I am so happy to have Virtual Smooches and such a great teacher to share all of these fab things! Thank you!

Beth said...

You're wonderful, Savannah! Great tips and always well delivered! The tip about using acetate sheets as buffers to my cutting plates is FABULOUS! Never thought I could avoid having those scratches embossing themselves every time I run something through my die cutting machine. I so enjoy your videos. I've seen them all, some several times. And I've tried many.
TFS! Hugs!

Pam said...

I have never done this yet, thanks for sharing!! So many options with the PS dies!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this technique! I'm so glad you added the detail shots of the reverse embossed pieces because it was hard to see them in the video. A great, subtle effect!